Why Test For Radon?
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, according to the surgeon general
What does EPA recommend?
- If you are buying a home or selling your home, have it tested for radon.
- For a new home, ask if radon-resistant construction features were used and if the home has been tested.
- Fix the home if the radon level is 4 picocuries per liter, or pCi/L, or higher.
- Radon levels less than 4 pCi/L still pose a risk, and in many cases, may be reduced.
- Hire a qualified professional to ensure the most accurate test results.
Why Is Radon Dangerous?
- Radon is estimated to cause tens of thousands of lung cancer deaths each year. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, your risk of lung cancer is especially high.
- In the United States, radon gas in soils is the principal source of elevated radon levels in homes.
- Nearly 1 out of every 15 homes in the U.S. is estimated to have elevated radon levels. Colorado Is specified by the EPA as high for radon concentrations; 7 of 10 homes tested in Colorado are elevated and in need of mitigation
- The average cost of mitigation residential properties ranges from $800-1400 dollars depending on the property. While radon problems may be more common in some areas, any home may have a problem. The only way to know about your home is to test.
Distinctive Property Inspections - Accurate and Comprehensive Radon Testing!
Our Radon testing equipment is classified as a CRM testing device, is US EPA verified, NEHA-NRPP listed and evaluated and approved by the NRSB for use in real estate transaction testing
Qualified Radon Testing Professionals
- The Distinctive Property Inspections Team can help identify conditions where Radon may be present
- Our inspectors use highly accurate and calibrated equipment to monitor for Radon gas.
- We can provide a comprehensive, hour by hour report of Radon levels in your home.
- Help ensure your family's safety, we can catch Radon problems before you even move into your home.
- Radon mitigation can be very expensive, don't end up paying for it later!